Cyber Threat & IR LeadApply Now
Our client is one of the largest, global manufacturing and distribution organizations in the West and we are searching for a talented Sr. Cyber Threat Analyst to provide the analysis of event data and other data sources for indicators of attack and potential network compromise, produce reports, and assist with defensive incident response of Cyberspace operations. This is a senior level role with the ability to influence IT and business direction as well as mentor junior staff on best in breed technology. With an overall mission of wellness and research into sustainable products, you will be a part of a mindful community, working to bring the enterprise to the cutting edge of technology. You will have the opportunity to influence our technology landscape through collaboration with other engineers, product owners, architects, managers and the executive team. Our ideal candidate will be a technical leader with expertise in Cyber Threat and Incident Response with a passion for applying technology to solve business challenges.
In addition to a solid track record of advanced Cyber Threat Analysis and Incident Response experience, the right candidate will have several, but may not have all, of the following skills experience and attributes:
- Provide technical assessments, strategy, and execution recommendations for Enterprise–level networks
- Identify relevant Cyber threats within client environments through real–time analysis of logs and alerts or data, including data IDS/IPS, firewall, and proxy logs files
- Apply knowledge of computer and network architecture to provide analysis during investigations, identifying adversarial activity and methods for future detection and prevention
- Knowledge of Open Source research of exploits or vulnerabilities, including Zero–Day, network flow, log review, event correlation, and PCAP analysis to complete investigations
- Operate intrusion detection or prevention systems and other point of presence security tools
- Develop comprehensive security write–ups which describe security issues, analysis, and remediation techniques to client leadership
- Experience with collecting, analyzing, and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data from multiple sources for the purposes of documenting results and analyzing findings to provide meaningful products
- Ability to monitor and analyze logs and alerts from a variety of different technologies, including IDS/IPS, firewall, proxies, and antivirus across multiple platforms
- Ability to develop specific expertise, discern patterns of complex threat actor behavior, and communicate a comprehension of current and developing Cyber threats
- Ability to leverage online research tools to identify and navigate online forums, specialized Web sites, social media, and traditional sources
- Ability to coordinate and respond to events on all monitored networks and the systems on those networks
- HS diploma or GED
- Experience with Cybersecurity analysis, incident response, or a related field
- Experience with leveraging intelligence analysis
- Experience with HBSS, Splunk, or ArcSight
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- BA or BS degree in Information Security, CS, or Cyber Security
We are well aware that talent comes in all sorts of different configurations. If you're wondering whether or not you're qualified, contact us directly so we can discuss the relationship between work purpose and prior experience.
This role will be located in Idaho Falls, Idaho and a robust relocation package is available. Compensation rivals larger cities in the Western States and cost of living is extremely affordable!
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Idaho Falls is a haven for outdoor recreation enthusiasts. We have low costs of living, border the greater Yellowstone ecosystem, and are surrounded on all sides by majestic mountain ranges, rivers, reservoirs, endless trails, renowned ski slopes and natural hot springs. Don't take our word for it; find out what Businessweek and National Geographic Magazine say about Idaho Falls, Idaho:
- Best Places to Raise Your Kids http://images.businessweek.com/ss/09/11/1117_best_places_to_raise_kids/13.htm
- Top 100 Best Adventure Townshttp://adventure.nationalgeographic.com/weekend-getaways/idaho/idaho-falls-travel
- Idaho Falls: #1 on the June 2013 Kiplinger rating for Lowest Cost of Living Areas in the US:http://www.kiplinger.com/slideshow/real-estate/T006-S001-10-cheapest-u-s-cities-to-live-in/index.html
Blackmere Consulting is dedicated to recruitment of Technology professionals. With over 40 years of combined nationwide technical recruitment expertise, our technical recruiting experts have built time tested, successful partnerships with industry leaders within Fortune 100 and emerging growth companies. Our strategy relies on our ability to perform as your trusted partner with focus on quality, speed and cost effectiveness.
Blackmere Consulting is an equal opportunity employer (EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled/Protected Statuses)