Staff Cloud Security EngineerApply Now
San Diego based global enterprise is looking for a visionary leader to head the AWS Security Engineering and Architecture, bringing a combination of AWS security expertise, the ability to build out global security standards and the hands on technical skills to lead validation in an enterprise environment. This individual will serve as an enterprise-wide AWS Security expert, leading design of cutting-edge, scalable and high performing security services to protect and monitor and to identify potential security issues. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about security, automation and love the challenge of working in highly distributed and dynamic Hybrid Cloud environment. You have the support of executive leadership and the strength of the global team, all backing an organization that knows the true importance of enterprise security.
Our ideal candidate will have a proven track record of serving as an AWS focused Cloud Security subject matter expert and will work in conjunction with Enterprise Architects to provide secure environments for both the internal enterprise and customer deployments. The right person will:
- Focus on enabling secure cloud deployments including identity & access management implementation, third-party software integration, incident management capabilities, system hardening requirements, and security requirements development for application development teams.
- Have excellent customer facing skills to be able to discuss security concerns raised by client security professionals and executives.Requirements
In addition to a solid track record of AWS Security Engineering expertise, the right candidate will have several of the following skill and attributes:
- Proven track record designing, documenting and successfully deploying multi-layer security architectures on private and public cloud
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure security models
- Experience delivering security architectures meeting best practice industry security standards
- Strong understanding of database security / Big data (EDW, Hadoop)
- Strong understanding of application security and industry standards and best practices (OWASP / SANS / NIST)
- Strong understanding of SDLC and Secure Development Lifecycle (SDL) including performing threat modeling and risk assessments
- Experience designing and implementing API Security and Access Controls (OAuth/SAML, Web SSO, AWS IAM, Federation)
- Must be a self-starter and able to work well with others in a fast-paced agile environment with an emphasis on collaborating and assisting the team to meet business objectives
The Principal Cloud Security Engineer will be located in the San Diego headquarters where he or she can best influence the Executive Leadership team with respect to Cloud Security Leadership. The role requires the ability to travel domestically and internationally (approx 30%)
Our client knows that their business runs through the power of the people it values. They offer a strong benefit package as well as leadership incentives and relocation assistance.
Blackmere Consulting is an equal opportunity employer (EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled/Protected Statuses)