Director, Cloud Security EngineeringApply Now
San Diego based global enterprise is looking for a visionary, executive leader to direct cloud product architecture, design and engineering, and overall leadership of the enterprise cloud security and information security engineering organizations. In this critical role you will be responsible for managing cloud operational security processes, addressing the security of enterprise cloud deployments, upgrades and enhancements and enabling new cloud services to be built and deployed securely. You have the support of executive leadership and the strength of the global team, all backing an organization that knows the true importance of enterprise security.
Our ideal candidate will have a proven track record of serving as an AWS focused Cloud Security subject matter expert and will work in conjunction with Enterprise Architects to provide secure environments for both the internal enterprise and customer deployments. The right person will:
- Focus on enabling secure cloud deployments including identity & access management implementation, third-party software integration, incident management capabilities, system hardening requirements, and security requirements development for application development teams.
- Have excellent customer facing skills to be able to discuss security concerns raised by client security professionals and executives.
In addition to a solid track record of Cloud Security Leadership expertise, the right candidate will have several of the following skill and attributes:
Candidate must have:
- the expertise to understand the enterprise cloud’s technical and business environment, familiarity with national security standards, experience with, ISO 27001/2, HIPAA Security Rule, PCI DSS, security auditing, risk management, vulnerability assessments, and incident management.
- Experience in large deployments of AWS and Azure
- In the range of 7+ years demonstrated expertise in cloud technologies, architectures and security concepts in public, private and hybrid architectures
- Demonstrated leadership of an information security engineering organization for a large international corporation responsible for selection and implementation of security technologies
- Proven ability to serve as an effective member of a senior management team, be an effective leader to a team of highly trained personnel and consultants; form, manage and lead security planning efforts and interact effectively with customers, auditors, vendors, and key stakeholders
- Demonstrated team building and collaboration capabilities
- Enterprise level perspective in parallel to a product specific perspective with the ability to optimize corporate and product areas
- Leadership skills in areas of proactivity, collaboration, and the drive for results with impact
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and speak to both tactical and strategic roles within enterprise verticals
- Experience implementing enterprise security solutions at scale
- Ability to travel ~15%
The Director of Cloud Security will be located in the San Diego headquarters where he or she can best influence the Executive Leadership team with respect to Cloud Security Leadership. The role requires the ability to travel domestically and internationally (approx 30%)
Our client knows that their business runs through the power of the people it values. They offer a strong benefit package as well as leadership incentives and relocation assistance.
Blackmere Consulting is an equal opportunity employer (EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled/Protected Statuses)