Lead Information Security ArchitectApply Now
San Diego based global enterprise is looking for a passionate Information Security Engineering Manager to lead and evaluate the global enterprise security stack and guide the organization through successful implementation deployment of best in class technology. The ideal candidate will leverage broad technical knowledge of enterprise security technologies and extensive technical deployment experience. This person will lead, develop and mentor the security engineering team on a wide variety of tasks including deployments, implementations, development of security requirements and knowledge of emerging security technologies. You have the support of executive leadership and the strength of the global team, all backing an organization that knows the true importance of enterprise security.
Our ideal candidate will have a proven track record of serving as a Leader in Information Security with hands on engineering subject matter expertise and will work in conjunction with both technical and business-oriented teams to provide secure environments for both the internal enterprise and customer deployments. The right person will have both strategic design and direct hands-on expertise in the following areas of information security:
- Evaluate endpoint security strategy and architecture. Provide improvements as required and collaborate with other security engineering team members on seamless security architecture
- Leadership and development of security engineering team
- Develop requirements for global security technologies and evaluate providers
- Design and deploy cloud security strategy with an AWS focus
- Emphasis in software security architecture and deployment on a global level
- Evaluate secure messaging technologies and develop requirements to meet organization needs
- Evaluate mobile device technologies and develop requirements to meet organization needs
- Evaluate security monitoring technologies and develop requirements to meet organization needs
- Collaborate with team members to determine the best possible solution
- Drive acquisition and implementation of technology improvements
- Develop the supporting processes to ensure effectiveness of technologies
- Develop, maintain and report on metrics of successful implementation
- Tune implementation over time to obtain maximum effectiveness
- Participate in the review and analysis of internal projects and external requirements that may have an impact on security
- Build system baselines to be adhered to for all future build outs
- Be aware of the IT security requirements for the business and implement measures to satisfy those requirements in the most efficient manner
In addition to a solid track record of information security expertise, the right candidate will have several, but may not have all, of the following skill and attributes:
- BS degree in related field preferred. Equivalent experience/certification acceptable.
- Around 5 years of demonstrated experience in information security roles with an architecture and engineering emphasis
- In the neighborhood of 2 years designing, managing and implementing security technologies globally
- Industry certifications such as CISSP, CCSP, CEH, PMP, GCIH, GSEC would be awesome, but not necessary
- Solid experience in several of the following:
- IT security industry trends and direction
- CASB – Cloud Access Security Broker
- Vulnerability Management
- AWS security tools etc
- Emerging technologies
- IT standards, procedures, policy
- Information security leadership, architecture and deployment
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting & interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Effective communication skills to translate technical risks and exposures to a business perspective - formal reports and/or presentations
We are well aware that talent comes in all sorts of different configurations. If you're wondering whether or not you're qualified, contact us directly so we can discuss the relationship between work purpose and prior experience.
The Sr. Manager of Information Security Engineering will be located in the San Diego headquarters where he or she can best influence enterprise technical strategy.
Our client knows that their business runs through the power of the people it values. They offer a strong benefit package as well as performance incentives and possible relocation assistance.
Blackmere Consulting is an equal opportunity employer (EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled/Protected Statuses)