Project Manager - Industrial ConstructionApply Now
WHY IS PROJECT MANAGEMENT IMPORTANT? At Blackmere, we know that great project management means much more than keeping project management’s iron triangle in check, delivering on time, budget, and scope. A great project manager is able to unite clients and teams, create a vision for success and ensures key stakeholders are on the same page and on track for success.
Our client, based in Carlsbad, New Mexico is currently working on a long-term, mission critical industrial construction project. In order to make sure they have all they need to keep all of the pieces working together on such a massive endeavor, we have been tasked with providing top-notch Project Managers to ensure the vision, as well as the details, fall into place.
Our ideal candidate will come to the table with many of the following:
- 5-10 years of Project Management experience in medium and large scale DOE General Plant Projects (GPP), or Capital funded projects
- EVMP Certification or recent EVMS experience necessary for success
- Project Management Professional certification or equivalent preferred
- Bachelor of Engineering, Construction, Project, Facility Management or other relevant discipline or demonstrated equivalent.???
This mission critical role will require expertise in Project Management principles, theories, and concepts with the ability to utilize site and customer approved project management processes (e.g. DOE O 413.3B) to:
- Establish a project baseline
- Execute in alignment with that baseline
- Monitor performance
- Anticipate issues and initiate corrective action
- Deliver project in alignment with customer expectations
Success in this role may also require knowledge and experience in the following:
- Proficiency in Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and how they are calculated
- Knowledge of terms including but not limited to CV, CPI, SV, SPI, BAC, EAC and VAC
- Understanding of Primavera P6 including familiarity of schedule logic predecessor and successor logic links, and critical path analysis
**Position may require the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance**
In this integral role, you will work under the supervision of a Sr. PM or Manager of Capital & Infrastructure Projects to provide project leadership in a specific area of need. Your knowledge and expertise will be instrumental in:
- Identifying project risks and opportunities
- Analyzing key issues utilizing all appropriate resources, develop alternatives, and arrive at the most optimum approach to eliminate/mitigate risks or exploit opportunities
- Supporting the maintenance of an accurate and up to date Risk Register
- Ensuring development and adherence to the project Work Breakdown Structure, Asset Management, and Workflow Management elements
- Expand the Project Execution Plan for subsequent phases (Project Initiation, Project Execution, Construction, etc.) and communicates and coordinates the implementation of the enhancements with the project team
- Establish, track, and report status against key performance indicators or contractual metrics/milestones on a routine basis
- Participate in the establishment of project organizational structure in support of proposal efforts
- Demonstrates command of the schedule goals, key milestones, and approach to the work embodied in the schedule
Blackmere is open to 1099, C2C and W2 arrangements in support of this critical, long-term project.
In addition, the program offers a strong per-diem and reimbursement program including:
- Meals and Incidentals paid at current GSA Rates: https://www.gsa.gov/travel/plan-book/per-diem-rates/per-diem-rates-lookup/?action=perdiems_report&state=NM&fiscal_year=2020&zip=&city=carlsbad
- Lodging rates are paid up to 300% of GSA rates if actual costs exceed current GSA rate. (Note: The amount above the GSA rate is a taxable amount)
- Rental cars are reimbursed along with fuel with the exception of travel to and from the job site from lodging.
- Monthly return trips are allowed and reimbursed by WIPP with additional emergency trips home allowable with some restrictions.
Additional details available upon request.
LOCATION: Carlsbad is located in the Chihuahuan Desert on the beautiful Pecos River at an elevation of 3,295 feet. The city, with its tree-lined streets, numerous public parks and recreation areas, including the municipal beach and greenway along Lake Carlsbad; originated as an oasis - "The Pearl on the Pecos."
Carlsbad Caverns National Park is located eighteen miles southwest of the city, with Guadalupe Mountains National Park. Hiking, golfing and water recreation are just a few of the numerous activities to enjoy under the sunshine filled days in Carlsbad.
Great schools, low crime and a friendly, small-town atmosphere also make Carlsbad a great place to live!
Please contact Andrea Khan at andrea@blackmereconsulting for additional information. Referral bonus of $1000 for every placed candidates offered.
Blackmere Consulting is an equal opportunity employer (EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled/Protected Statuses)