Control Account Manager (CAM)Apply Now
WHY IS A CONTROL ACCOUNT MANAGER (CAM) IMPORTANT? At Blackmere, we know the critical role played by a CAM schedule planning and status, measurement of accomplishment, actual cost collection, variance analysis and resultant corrective action, and estimating costs at completion. The CAM serves as the crucial point of contact where technical scope, schedule, and budget are integrated is the basic building block of the project management process.
Our client, based in Carlsbad, New Mexico is currently working on a long-term, mission critical industrial construction project. In order to make sure they have all they need to keep all of the pieces working together on such a massive endeavor, we have been tasked with providing top-notch Control Account Managers to ensure the vision, as well as the details, fall into place.
In this integral role, you will work closely with the Project Manager, serving as the point where work progress is measured, where actual costs are collected, where variance analysis occurs, and where corrective action is initiated.
The CAM role has the responsibility, authority, and accountability for:
- Planning and performance of each assigned control account
- Managing the cost, schedule and technical performance of the CA and for supporting all customer meetings and data requested pertaining to the CA
- Reviewing and approving all relevant work assignments, documents and commitments
- Ensuring the accomplishment of work in his or her control account and is the focal point for management control
- Authorizing and obtaining resources necessary for cost, schedule and technical objectives within the budget provided by the PM
- Participating in Program Reviews, Performance Management Baseline and other project or management reviews.
The following list summarizes CAM operational responsibil
- Develops work packages and PPs to identify CA tasks, start and completion dates, time-phased budget spreads, resource requirements, and EV techniques.
- Implements schedule activities and durations and map each activity to its “parent” work package or PP in the schedule application system database.
- Verifies scope, schedule, and budget traceability.
- Status work progress.
- Prepares, processes, and implements change requests.
- Prepares cost estimates.
- Generates accruals.
- Approves work authorizations and charge number distributions
- Verifies charges are appropriate and accurate.
- Reviews and approves subcontractor’s cost and schedule status and ensures it is accurately reflected in the monthly performance data including discussing variances and adjustments.
- Performs monthly Cost and Schedule Variance analysis and provide corrective actions/recovery plans, as needed.
- Documents and performs corrective actions necessary to execute work and control future performance.
- Assess CA ETC and initiate revisions when warranted.
- Revise forecasts of schedule activities, as necessary.
Provides inputs/updates to monthly performance reportsOur ideal candidate will come to the table with many of the following:
- 5-10 years of Project Management experience in medium and large scale DOE General Plant Projects (GPP), or Capital funded projects
- EVMP Certification or recent EVMS experience necessary for success
- Project Management Professional certification or equivalent preferred
- Bachelor of Engineering, Construction, Project, Facility Management or other relevant discipline or demonstrated equivalent.???
This mission critical role will require expertise in Project Management principles, theories, and concepts with the ability to utilize site and customer approved project management processes (e.g. DOE O 413.3B) to:
- Establish a project baseline
- Execute in alignment with that baseline
- Monitor performance
- Anticipate issues and initiate corrective action
- Deliver project in alignment with customer expectations
Success in this role may also require knowledge and experience in the following:
- Proficiency in Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and how they are calculated
- Knowledge of terms including but not limited to CV, CPI, SV, SPI, BAC, EAC and VAC
- Understanding of Primavera P6 including familiarity of schedule logic predecessor and successor logic links, and critical path analysis
**Position may require the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance**
Blackmere is open to 1099, C2C and W2 arrangements in support of this critical, long-term project.
In addition, the program offers a strong per-diem and reimbursement program including:
- Meals and Incidentals paid at current GSA Rates: https://www.gsa.gov/travel/plan-book/per-diem-rates/per-diem-rates-lookup/?action=perdiems_report&state=NM&fiscal_year=2020&zip=&city=carlsbad
- Lodging rates are paid up to 300% of GSA rates if actual costs exceed current GSA rate. (Note: The amount above the GSA rate is a taxable amount)
- Rental cars are reimbursed along with fuel with the exception of travel to and from the job site from lodging.
- Monthly return trips are allowed and reimbursed by WIPP with additional emergency trips home allowable with some restrictions.
Additional details available upon request.
Carlsbad is located in the Chihuahuan Desert on the beautiful Pecos River at an elevation of 3,295 feet. The city, with its tree-lined streets, numerous public parks and recreation areas, including the municipal beach and greenway along Lake Carlsbad; originated as an oasis - "The Pearl on the Pecos."
Carlsbad Caverns National Park is located eighteen miles southwest of the city, with Guadalupe Mountains National Park. Hiking, golfing and water recreation are just a few of the numerous activities to enjoy under the sunshine filled days in Carlsbad.
Great schools, low crime and a friendly, small-town atmosphere also make Carlsbad a great place to live!
Please contact Andrea Khan at andrea@blackmereconsulting for additional information. Referral bonus of $1000 for every placed candidates offered.
Blackmere Consulting is an equal opportunity employer (EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled/Protected Statuses)