Power Systems ExpertsApply Now
With the increased US reliance on a steady flow of electricity and the services it powers, the need for new solutions for grid protection has never been more important. Grid resiliency is an urgent national security priority and our team, based in beautiful South East Idaho, is on the cutting edge of solving this critical issue.
We need someone (four experts, in fact) with the technical knowledge, the interpersonal skills and teamwork abilities to help us change the way the world looks at critical infrastructure protection – now and into the future.
This is a team like none you’ve ever encountered. As the power systems expert, you will be partnered with experts in critical infrastructure security assessments, cyber forensic analysis, threat detection and consequence-based targeting to provide real-world technical solutions and innovations that protect operational environments from an ever-evolving threat landscape. Seasoned threat analysts work in concert with experienced power engineers, cyber researchers and control systems experts to develop novel, comprehensive solutions to protect vital control systems from cyber threats.
This is a research focused team that will draw on your operational and systems design experience in power systems. We are responsible for building full-scope solutions to some of the most complex problems our nation faces today. In addition, we are enabling partnerships across federal agencies and private to secure control systems from cyber threats, protecting the U.S. grid, other critical infrastructure and military systems.
- National security programs focus on critical infrastructure protection, cybersecurity and wireless research
- This organization has provided 60 years of national security service for customers including DOD, DHS, DOE, and industry
- International expertise and recognition in a range of national security specialties
- The lab’s 890-square mile site includes a utility-scale power grid, explosives range, wireless test bed, nuclear reactors, hot cells and fuel treatment facilities
- Home to thousands of leading scientists, engineers and researchers just three-hours north of Salt Lake City
Minimum qualifications: Bachelor's Degree and 5 years of relevant experience or Master's and 3 years or PhD and 2 years
- Preferred disciplines are Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related degree.
- Established skills in presentations and written communications for program development support and execution.
- Preferred candidates will also have a combination of the following: •
- In-depth knowledge of control system protocols, including DNP 3.0, and Modbus and to a lesser extent ICCP and IEC 61850.
- Working level understanding of cyber risks associated with each ICS components, protocols and the networks on which they operate.
- Experience with high and medium voltage design, including substation electrical design, switchgear design, transmission line design, etc.
- Significant knowledge of design, operations, configurations of generation systems, especially gas turbine systems.
- Experience with designing and integrating renewable energy systems.
- Experience with site testing/commissioning
- Experience with NERC CIP and other regulatory compliance issues. •
- Experience with modeling electric power systems, ideally using multiple tools including PowerWorld, RTDS, PSS/E, Aspen Oneliner, ETAP, SKM, etc.
- Experience with low voltage (<600V) design, including applicable standards to these systems
- US Citizenship Required. Must be able to obtain and maintain a "Q" clearance (TS DoD equivalent) with SCI access. Willingness to complete a US Government polygraph upon request
Idaho Falls is a haven for outdoor recreation enthusiasts. We have low costs of living, border the greater Yellowstone ecosystem, and are surrounded by lots of uncrowded mountains, rivers, reservoirs, trails, slopes and hot springs.
Don't take our word for it....check out these articles to see what’s being said about Idaho Falls:
- CNN Money: Best Places to Live
- Livabililty.com: “Why Idaho Falls, ID is a Great Place to Live”
- East Idaho News: “Why People are moving to Idaho – and Idaho Falls – like never before”.
Blackmere Consulting is an equal opportunity employer (EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled/Protected Statuses)